South Eastern Metro MP Inga Peulich says Greater Dandenong residents are going to be much worse off as the result of the State Budget. Taxes have been ramped up and projects in Greater Dandenong have been slashed or forgotten.
Vital projects which have been slashed or forgotten include:
- Hospitals, sporting facilities, emergency services.
- The link to take the Dandenong Bypass to the South Gippsland Freeway.
- Keysborough South schools – there is no construction money allocated.
- No additional funding to address gang violence involving youths from multicultural backgrounds.
- There is essentially no additional multicultural affairs funding.
- The Dandenong High School project is running late.
- The only projects the Government deemed worthy of budget line items are upgrades to a handful of selected schools which are all only partially funded, a cemetery upgrade and the carry over for a regional CFA project.
- Several other election promises have been forgotten, and funding cuts not restored.
While TAFE enrolments are down, crime is rising and Labor's Skyrail is causing our community significant distress.
This budget marks 18 months of the Andrews Government but we continue to see Greater Dandenong residents struggling to find jobs, being hurt with ever increasing cost of living pressures, and soaring crime rates while police stations are closing.