South Eastern Metro MP Inga Peulich says City of Frankston residents are going to be much worse off as the result of the State Budget. Taxes have been ramped up and projects in the City of Frankston have been slashed or forgotten.
Vital projects which have been slashed or forgotten include:
- Hospitals, sporting facilities, emergency services.
- $3.1 million is missing from the Frankston TAFE upgrade.
- There are no toilets for Seaford Station.
- There’s no sign of Labor’s promised freeway style interchange at the intersection of Ballarto Road and Westernport Highway.
- There’s still no contribution from the State Government to the Frankston Basketball Stadium.
- The Thompsons Road upgrade has been downgraded with traffic lights to replace the flyover at Westernport Highway and $6 million missing.
- Most of the projects announced are only part funded.
- Several other election promises have been forgotten, and funding cuts not restored.
But there’s money to ruin our communities forever with SkyRail.
This budget marks 18 months of the Andrews Government but we continue to see Frankston residents struggling to find jobs, being hurt with ever increasing cost of living pressures, and soaring crime rates while police stations are closing.