Over the next four months, the Liberal Nationals will continue to release policies which will benefit the lives of everyday Victorians, rather than line the pockets of Labors union bosses.
Some of the 100 policies already announced include:
- Building the biggest connected highway in Victoria’s history – an East West Link and a North East Link.
- The biggest traffic congestion-busting project in Victoria’s history - a $4.1 billion to $5.3 billion infrastructure project to remove traffic lights and roundabouts through grade separations at 55 of Melbourne and Geelong’s busiest and most dangerous intersections.
- Mandatory minimum sentences for repeat violent criminals of eleven serious crimes including murder, rape, aggravated home invasions, car-jackings, one-punch hits, and aggravated burglaries.
- A $633 million investment in new long-haul V/Locity carriages for our country rail services, replacing the slow, unreliable, 30-year old sets that country Victorians have had to put up with for too long.
- An overhaul of our bail system, to ensure that our most violent and dangerous offenders aren’t put back on the street. That includes the introduction of a presumption of remand for those charged with violent offences; the introduction of ‘one strike and you’re out’ policy for anyone breaching bail; and the reinstatement of the offence of breaching bail by juveniles.
- Fixing Victoria’s broken education system with a ‘back to basics’ approach to ensure our kids can read, write and count. This includes an evidence-based review of the curriculum, simplifying it to prioritise core competencies and content.
- The introduction of a phonics check in Year One to identify students struggling with literacy and numeracy for early intervention.
- The $80 million Brighter Futures fund to establish integrated children’s centres in Victoria’s most disadvantaged rural and regional areas.
- Opposing Daniel Andrews’ plan to give taxpayer money to the AFL for a $300 million development of Etihad Stadium. The Liberal Nationals wants to use that money instead on funding community sport including the provision of new change rooms to cater for female sport.
- Supplying free flu vaccines for all Victorian children between the ages of 6 months and 5 years.
- Mandatory drug and alcohol treatment for young people whose offending or risky behaviour is a result of severe substance abuse.
- A $140 million policy to deliver world class community based palliative care in Victoria, ensuring that Victorians have a genuine choice to spend their final days in the comfort of their homes with improved support for their families and carers.
- The introduction of a Public Sex Offenders Register so Victorians can check any known risks in their neighbourhood.
- The introduction of a ‘Right to Know’ family violence disclosure scheme to empower people who may be at risk by assisting them make informed decisions about their relationships.
- The end of concurrent sentencing for violent offenders who breach parole and bail.
- The introduction of the Police in Schools program to help our youth respect and engage with police as well as the Police Shopfronts initiative to ensure there is a visible police presence at our biggest shopping centres.
- Policies to properly support victims of crime: increasing access to compensation including accessing the superannuation funds of our worst and most violent criminal offenders, funding victims support groups and outreach organisations, and ensuring victims have their voices heard in criminal justice.
- Abolition of the political Safe Schools program to be replaced with an actual anti-bullying program targeting all aspects of discrimination to ensure our kids can learn safely and happily.
- Scrapping the Victorian Renewable Energy Target to help stop electricity costs from continuing to sky-rocket for homes and businesses.
- Allowing onshore conventional gas exploration and production to help put downward pressure on gas prices.
- A policy to ban school children from using mobile phones during class times.
Quotes Attributed to Member for South Eastern Metropolitan Region, Inga Peulich, MLC:
"With these 100 policies, the Liberal-Nationals have a plan to alleviate the pressures forced on Victorians by the Andrews Labor government."
“Daniel Andrews and the Labor Government has allowed the cost of living and crime to skyrocket making Victoria less safe and more expensive to live, work and raise a family.”
“The Liberal-Nationals are focused on issues important to all Victorians, rather than the issues of a few union bosses.”
CONTACT: INGA PEULICH (03) 9772 1366